The project Audible Healing Pressure Points is a continuation of Lavoslava Benčić‘s work in e-textiles and follows her collection of interactive gloves (2016-2018) made at Rampa Lab. In the project Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is combined with research in e-textiles. The project proposes to position electronic acoustic devices on the healing points which lower or heal pain, usually massaged or pressed on by a therapist. The results of the project will be a series of e-bio textile elements made of fungi with an integrated circuit, which creates sound upon applying pressure.
The purposes of the project:
- To find out how to combine electronics, bio textile and TCM methods of pain relief
- To learn whether the therapeutic pressure on the healing points combined with generated acoustic frequencies can help establish a better bond between the therapist and the treated
- To see whether a combination of pressure and sound can induce more effective healing / pain reduction
- To combine the principles and potentials of wearable electronics and the effects of Oriental medicine in pain management
- To make wearable healing elements made of e-bio-textiles, which will respond during therapy (applied pressure / massage) with sound (dedicated frequencies)